Keep yourself and your motorcycle protected on the road with motorcycle insurance from some of the nation’s top insurers.
Motorcycle Insurance Basics
Ensure you are well protected by including all of these coverage types on your motorcycle policy.
- Liability Insurance – Liability insurance provides coverage for the bodily injury or property damage caused by you in an accident. It does not cover your own injuries or damage to your own motorcycle. Guest passenger liability, which covers a passenger on your motorcycle, may be available, depending on the carrier.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) Insurance – This coverage provides protection for your own bodily injury or damage to your motorcycle in the event that you are hit by an uninsured motorist, an under-insured motorist, or the accident was a hit and run.
- Comprehensive Coverage – Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your motorcycle in the event of something other than a collision, such as vandalism, fire, or theft. You are usually protected up to the book value of your motorcycle, minus your deductible.
- Collision Coverage – Collision coverage is just what it sounds like, it provides coverage for damage to your own motorcycle in the event of a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Coverage for Custom Motorcycle Parts – Most motorcycle policies will only cover factory standard parts. If you have invested in optional accessories for your motorcycle including a custom paint job, sidecar, chrome parts, or trailer, make sure you speak with your agent to ensure those investments are covered.