Insurance Coverage for First Time Home Buyers
If you are already a homeowner, we can still help you – even if you are in the middle of your term. We could save you hundreds by comparing your rate with multiple top-rated companies, like Progressive, Safeco, Hippo, Encompass, Grange, and more. If your insurance is not up for renewal, your current insurance company will send you a refund for any unused premium. You have nothing to lose!
Things You Should Consider When Purchasing a Homeowners Policy in Tennessee
Tennessee is its own animal when it comes to weather. This can lead to special considerations for your homeowners insurance that a computer or an agent on the other side of the country might not know.
A typical homeowners policy does not cover water or sewer backing up into your home through the drains or sump pump. This is actually a very common and messy claim. Water and sewer backup coverage is usually very inexpensive ($50-$250 a year depending on the limits you choose). Selecting this coverage also qualifies you for “loss of use” coverage if this type of event displaces you from your home.
How Do I Know I Am Covered?
Often people will purchase homeowners coverage without understanding what is or is not included. We will be happy to explain all aspects of your coverage so that you are confident you understand your policy. Even if you don’t buy from us, we will look over your current policy to make sure there are no gaps in your coverage that could put you at risk.
How Can I Lower My Homeowners Insurance?
There are many discounts available for homeowners insurance that can lower your rate significantly. When you are shopping, make sure you let your agent know if any of this discounts could apply to your policy.
- Security System, Fire Alarm, and Sprinkler System Discounts
- If you have a central station security system, fire alarm, or sprinkler system in your home, you can qualify for a discount. Some carriers will require a certificate from your security company for proof.
- Bundling Discounts
- One of the biggest discounts you can receive is for bundling your home policy with your car insurance or other personal insurance policies. Some carriers will offer a discount of up to 25% for bundling.
- Education Discounts
- Some carriers will give you a discount for having a bachelors, graduate or doctoral degree. These discounts can be significant, so be sure to let your agent know your level of education.
- Loyalty Discounts
- Though we encourage shopping your insurance rates on a regular basis, many carriers will give you a discount for staying with their company for a long time. You might also get a discount for referring your friends and family!
- Profession or Group Discounts
- There are certain discounts if you belong to a particular group or profession. Common discounts in this category are military discounts, government employee discounts, healthcare worker discounts, and teacher discounts. Be sure to mention your profession to your agent to see if any additional savings may apply to your home policy.